JUST TAKE A QUICK LOOK ON ABOVE CLIPS
HOW TO GROW SUNFLOWER AT HOME FROM SEEDS
Sunflowers are some of the best types of flowers you should have in your garden. With more than 70 different varieties, these annual plants come in tons of different sizes and colors. With bright blooms that go from mid-summer to early fall, sunflowers say “summer” like no other plant.
1. Buy flower seeds and start put them in covers one-by-one.
Note: Take medium size containers which should be 4-5 inches deep. Make sure they have holes for drainage at the bottom. Cover the seeds with a 0.5 to 1 inch layer of the same soil mix. Fill 70-75% of the pot with the soil mix. Then put seeds 2-3 inches apart from each other and don'tplace them too close to the edges of the container.
2. Press the soil to make good soil contact as seed to soil contact is vital for good germination.
3. Then water the soil lightly with a gentle shower, being careful not to displace the seeds.
Note1: You should tag or label with name to avoid confusion later.
Note 2: LOCATION Keep the pot in a sunny location and make sure the soil remains more and well drained during the first 10-15 days.
4. During the time, continue to water the seeds everyday and make the soil is moist.
Note: Keeping the soil moist but not soaking wet, until the sprouts emerge from the soil.
5. BOOST SEEDLING GROWTH: Mix half table spoon NPK 19:19:19 fertilizer in 1 litre water. MIX WELL and water it and continue to wait....
Note: In the seeding grow, they need as much direct sunlight as possible so the stems will be thick and strong and able to support the large flower head.
6. Once seedings are 5-7 inches tall, transplant them at their final locations.
Note: With a gardening tool take out the seeding by keeping the root ball unharmed.
Note: New location should be 10-12 inches tall that can easily accomodate 1 plant.
7. Fill the pot with the soil mix with 50% garden soil, 25% compost and 25% cocopeat or perlite.
Note: Keep at least 1.5 to 2 inches gap between the rim of the pot and the soil surface for healthy growth of the plant.
8. Dig a hole at the center and place the root ball into the hole. Then tamp the soil back over it and firm the soil around the stem to provide support. Next is WATER it in well.
Note: As soil settles down, add more soil if required.
9. DO STEPS FROM 6 TO 8 for other seedings as well.
Note: Sunflowers will grow best which get direct sunlight for 5 to 8 hours per day. The plants need long, hot summers for flower well.
AND JUST KEEP WATCHING THEM, WATER WELL AND KEEP SUNLIGHT ENOUGH TO SEE THE RESULTS!
Follow us with hashtags on social: #therike or #therikeinc