Vates Blue Curled Scotch Kale Seeds / Curly Kale - Brassica oleracea VAR. Acephala Garden Vegetable SeedsRegular price $10.99 Save $-10.99
About this item
- Light requirement: Full Sun Sowing method: Direct sow. Avoid covering the seeds with soil. Keep the seeds moist. Grow in fertile soil, pH should be at 6.0 - 7.5. The right moisture will ensure the best quality
- Days to Maturity: 50 Days Planting time: All Season Planting Space: 13 x 16 '' Planting Row: 16 x 18 ''
- Blue Curled Scotch. Scotch Kale, Brassica oleracea var acephala, is the most primitive of all the Brassicas and closest to the wild plant. It is famous for its cold tolerance and high nutritional
- One of the most attractive fall garden vegetables, this heirloom is edible architecture! Alluring, compact plants produce densely-packed heads with finely-curled, crinkly, bluish-green leaves. Delicious fresh, in salads, or cooked into a soup or stew. Packed with vitamins and minerals—a nutritional powerhouse. Can be grown as a spring or fall crop.
- A truly astounding superfood, Blue Curled Scotch kale is packed with health promoting properties, including a range of antioxidants, as studies have also shown kale to have anti-inflammatory properties. Aside from an incredible host of health benefits, Blue Curled Scotch kale has a pleasant sweet and nutty kale flavor, and is perfect for kale chips.
- Use seasoned, well-rotted compost for soil amendments. The best way to plant kale in mild climates is by direct seeding it in the garden. The seeds should be shallow, between 1/4 and 1/2 an inch deep and about 4 inches apart. Keep the soil moist during the first part of the growing season until the fall rains start.