Food-Grade Mineral Oil for Cutting Boards, Countertops and Butcher Blocks - 12ozRegular price $12.00 Save $-12.00
- Mineral oils are commonly used and have numerous health benefits ranging from softening your skin to easing constipation. Cosmetics have been formulated with mineral oil for more than a century.
- PREVENTS DRYING AND CRACKING – Specially made with lower viscosity to hydrate and seals the wood deeper and absorb faster to prevent unwanted liquid absorption, as well as cracking and drying
- FOOD GRADE - This butcher block conditioner is lab tested to ensure that it meets food safety standards, and is also colorless, odorless, tasteless, and gluten free.
- EASY APPLICATION - This butcher block oil has a push-applicator cap and squeeze-bottle design that makes maintenance a breeze. Apply generously with a rag or by hand and let sit for 4 hours.
- MADE IN VIETNAM - Our 100% pure food grade mineral oil for cutting board cleaning undergoes regular safety testing and is bottled in FDA compliant facilities in Vietnam
There are two important things mineral oil is good for in the kitchen. The first is wood, and the second is metal. In both applications, be sure to use mineral oil that's marked "food-grade"—you don't want to eat nasty additives that can be found in other types of mineral oil. (Though it has indeed been consumed for its laxative qualities, there are some risks associated with ingesting mineral oil in certain populations.) First, and probably most important, wood: Any unvarnished wood in the kitchen, including wood cutting boards, butcher-block countertops, and kitchen islands, needs to be conditioned with oil to keep it in prime condition. Cutting boards and butcher blocks that are allowed to dry out will eventually warp and crack, especially at the seams where the pieces of wood join together. Mineral oil soaks into the wood, helping to keep it plump and protected. It doesn't just keep wood in good condition, though—it also acts as a water-repellent barrier. It will reduce the chances that the wood will stain when wine is splashed on it; it will also reduce the chances the wood will rot from prolonged contact with water. Food Grade Mineral Oil, Light Mineral Oil, Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil, Mineral Oil Uses, Mineral Oil Lubricant, Mineral Oil for Constipation, Mineral Oil Structure, White Mineral Oil