5000 Seeds Canada Goldenrod Seeds Herb Flower Heirloom SeedsRegular price $9.99 Save $-9.99
|Plant or Animal Product Type||Flower|
|Material Feature||Gluten Free|
|Special Feature||Extended Bloom Time|
|Expected Blooming Period||Spring|
|Sunlight Exposure||Full Sun|
|Number of Pieces||5000|
About this item
- Canadian Goldenrod typically grows about 4′ tall. In general there will be multiple stalks arising from a central clump. If you are finding this in the wild, or on a piece of abandoned ground or somewhere not maintained, there will likely be dozens to hundreds of plants.
- Solidago canadensis, known as Canada goldenrod or Canadian goldenrod, is an herbaceous perennial plant of the family Asteraceae. It is native to northeastern and north-central North America it often forms colonies, of upright growing plants with many small yellow flowers in branching inflorescence held above the foliage.
- There are many species of this herbaceous perennial. But generally speaking, this plant is tall and slim (occasionally growing as high as 10 feet tall) with fluffy, golden flower spikes. Most likely, the origin of goldenrod's common name refers to both the flower's color and the plant's spindly presentation.
- Tall goldenrod, and two other nearly identical species -- giant goldenrod ( Solidago gigantea) and Canada goldenrod ( Solidago canadensis) -- are easily recognized by their impressive heights and large feathery blooms.
- Canada Goldenrod is a native perennial plant in the daisy family that is found in much of Canada and the USA except for the southernmost SE states.
- Seeds and Plant Production Canada goldenrod plants are indeterminate, and seed ripens about 6 weeks after flowers bloom. Seed is wind-disseminated and will blow away when ripe.
- Canada goldenrod is a hardy native perennial that can be used as both a cut flower and as a tall border plant. It can grow up to 70 cm tall with slender, pointy, deep green leaves.
- Attractive to bees and butterflies, Canada Goldenrod provides a bold splash of color in the late season garden. Easy to grow and low care, this handsome species spreads quickly by creeping
Jump to navigation Jump to search. Solidago canadensis (known as Canada goldenrod or Canadian goldenrod) is an herbaceous perennial plant of the family Asteraceae. It is native to northeastern and north-central North America. It is an invasive plant in other parts of the continent and several areas worldwide, including Europe and Asia.