300 Seeds Broadleaf Plantain Plantago Major Organic Herb Plant SeedRegular price $9.99 Save $-9.99
About this item
- Plantain, Broadleaf (Plantago major) seeds, organic
- narrowleaf plantain ( Plantago lanceolata) blackseed plantain ( Plantago rugelii) blond plantain ( Plantago ovata) bracted plantain ( Plantago aristata) Chinese plantain ( Plantago asiatica)
- Plantago major, the broadleaf plantain, white man's foot, or greater plantain, is a species of flowering plant in the plantain family Plantaginaceae. The plant is native to most of Europe and northern and central Asia, but has widely naturalised elsewhere in the world.
- P. major is native to Europe and Asia but is now widely distributed around the world, particularly in temperate, but also tropical parts. It is easily distributed and maintained by anthropogenic
- Plantago major is an herbaceous perennial plant with a rosette of leaves 15–30 cm (6–12 in) in diameter. Each leaf is oval-shaped, 5–20 cm (2–8 in) long and 4–9 cm (1.6–3.5 in) broad, rarely up to 30 cm (12 in) long and 17 cm (7 in) broad, with an acute apex, a smooth margin, and a distinct petiolealmost as long as the leaf itself. There are five to nine conspicuous veins over the length of the leaf. …
- The mature plant contains pliable and tough fibres that can be used in survival situations to make small cords, fishing line, sutures, or braiding. Some cultivars are planted as ornamentals in gardens, including 'Rubrifolia' with purple leaves, and 'Variegata' with variegated leaves.
- The leaves are edible as a salad green when young and tender, but they quickly become tough and fibrous as they get older. The older leaves can be cooked in stews. The leaves contain calcium and other minerals,
- package included: 300 seeds
Plantago major, or Plantain, is an herbaceous, flowering, perennial species of Plantago. It grows in lawns and fields, along roadsides, and in other areas that have been disturbed by humans. Plantain, Broadleaf (Plantago major) seeds, organic non - gmo seeds