1000 Seeds Long Purple Eggplant Seeds aubergine brinjal Non-GMO Vegetable SeedsRegular price $16.99 Save $-16.99
Eggplant (US, Canada), aubergine (UK, Ireland) or brinjal (Indian subcontinent, Singapore, Malaysia, South Africa) is a plant species in the nightshade family Solanaceae. Solanum melongena is grown worldwide for its edible fruit.
Long Purple Eggplant is a heirloom, very tender, warm weather annual vegetable that is native to south eastern Asia, but can be commonly found growing in gardens throughout the United States. At maturity, this plant reaches the height of 24-36” and features 9” cylindrical, smooth, dark purple eggplants.
About this item
- Most eggplants produce purple fruit that grows from 7 to 10 inches when mature. Different eggplant cultivars bear fruit in 50 to 80 days . Harvest - Once the fruit develops on your eggplants, pick them while they're still young for the best flavor.
- growing long purple eggplant The seeds will germinate without additional heat, but it will take longer. Generally, eggplant seeds germinate in 7 to 14 days. Once they've germinated, remove the plastic cover and place your pot or flat under lights or in a bright window.
- The inside of an eggplant or cross-section of the fruit has a white flesh with soft small seeds that are barely visible. Some eggplants can however have their center filled with seeds.
- Fact: While it's generally thought of as a vegetable, eggplant is actually a fruit. The eggplant, aubergine, melongene, brinjal or guinea squash is a plant of the family Solanaceae. Eggplant is grown for its usually egg-shaped fleshy fruit and is eaten as a cooked vegetable.
- italian long purple eggplant seeds The best time to water your eggplants is in the early morning or in the evening, when temperatures are cool and evaporation rates are relatively low. Early morning is slightly preferable because daylight can evaporate water from wet leaves, preventing fungus.
- Eggplants require 100 to 120 days to reach maturity from seed, but choosing a faster-maturing variety and establishing optimal growing conditions can bring fresh, ripe eggplants more quickly from your garden to your table.
- 'Long Purple' is an Italian-type eggplant. The plants reach twenty four to thirty inches and produce four or more fruits that are dark purple
- long eggplant plant: Long Purple Dark purple fruits can be sliced like a cucumber Fruits of 'Long Purple' are long and slender (2" x 10") and slightly bulbous on the blossom end
- Eggplant parmigiana or eggplant Parmesan is one of the most popular and iconic vegetarian Italian dishes and this recipe is straight from Italy.