100 Seeds Jumbo Honeydew Melon Seeds Organic Non-GMO Harvested in Illinois USARegular price $7.99 Save $-7.99
About this item
- Akin to its popular relative the cantaloupe, honeydew melons are members of the cucurbit or gourd family along with cucumbers and squash. One of the sweetest melons, honeydews are high in vitamin C and potassium. Honeydews are eaten fresh for their succulent, sugary, pale green flesh. The peel may be pickled or cooked, or the seeds may be pressed for oil or roasted and dried.
- Once the honeydew fruit has attained a smooth evenly colored skin after three months, harvesting honeydew melons may commence. How do you pick honeydew then? It must be cut from the plant, as it does not slip easily from the vine as do most melons.
- Great Source of Vitamin C. A cup of honeydew contains over 40 percent of your daily
- Boosts Skin Health. The carotenoids and vitamin C found in honeydew make the frui
- A honeydew has a round to slightly oval shape, typically 15–22 cm (5.9–8.7 in) long. It generally ranges in weight from 1.8 to 3.6 kg (4.0 to 7.9 lb). The flesh is usually pale green in color, while the smooth peel ranges from greenish to yellow. Like most fruit, honeydew has seeds. The inner flesh is eaten, often for dessert, and honeydew is commonly found in supermarkets across the world alongside cantaloupe melons and watermelons.
- "Honeydew" is in fact the American name for the White Antibes cultivar which has been grown for many years in southern France and Algeria. In China, honeydews are known as Bailan melons. They are famous locally near Lanzhou, the capital city of Gansu province in China's northwest. According to Chinese sources, the melons were introduced to China by America
- While they can be direct planted in the springtime, growing honeydew melon from transplants will give you a head start. Depending on your climate and the cultivar you choose, you could have a melon harvest as early as mid-summer. Honeydew melons mature in 65 to 100 days, depending on the cultivar.
The honeydew melon is one of the two main cultivar types in Cucumis melo Inodorus Group. It is characterized by the smooth rind and lack of musky odor. The other main type in the Inodorus Group is the wrinkle-rind casaba melon. Attractive yellow-skinned honeydew with very flavorful orange flesh. Attractive yellow-skinned honeydew with very flavorful orange flesh. 71 Days.