100 Seeds Long Green Okra Seeds Lady Fingers Ochro Gumbo Bhindi Clemson Spineless + 1 Free Bandana MaskRegular price $9.76 Save $-9.76
About this item
- How much okra can you get from one plant ? If your okra plants have ideal conditions, they can produce 20 - 30+ pods per plant . In a warmer hardiness zone such as zone 9b, you will have a longer growing season, into the fall or longer. Okra is a good choice for fall and winter vegetable gardens in some areas.
- Okra can grow from three to six feet tall. Choose a garden spot where its shade will not harm other sun loving plants. Sow the seeds one inch deep in rows that are three feet apart. The seeds generally germinate in two to 12 days.
- Days To Maturity: 56 days Fruit Size: 2-3 inches Sun: Full Sun Spread: 36-48 inches Height: 36-48 inches Sow Method: Direct Sow/ Indoor Sow Planting Time: Spring, Summer Sow Time: After Last Frost Thin: 12 inches Life Cycle: Annual
- Okra needs at least eight hours of sun or artificial light to thrive. Keep the room temperature at or above 60 degrees Fahrenheit and watch for germination in about six to 18 days.
- With the proper care, you can have a large, healthy crop of okra every year. Plant the okra in a sunny spot of the garden. If starting from seeds, plant each seed 1/2-inch deep with each seed spaced 4 inches apart.
- When to Start Okra Seeds. Start your okra seeds indoors anywhere from mid-March to mid-April, depending on where you live. It takes four to six weeks for the seeds to germinate and grow strong enough to transplant outside, so count back three weeks from the expected last frost date, and you'll know when to start the seeds.
- Over watering okra can cause root rot and disfigured plants. Depending on rain fall amounts, okra does best with about 1/2-inch of water per week . The great thing about growing okra is you can actually go without watering them for a month and the plants will never miss a beat!
- Soak okra seeds in a cup of lukewarm water overnight or for up to 24 hours before planting to soften the seed coat and help speed germination. Plant a row of three to five okra seeds 1 inch deep and about 3 inches apart. Water until the potting mix feels moist, but not soggy. Don't let the mix dry out before germination.
- Dwarf Long Green Pod Open Pollinated Okra grows 2′ to 3′ tall and yields heavily. Dwarf Long Green Pod produces fruit that are dark green with shallow ridges
- package included: 50 seeds okra+ 1 free bandana motorcycle seeds
Dwarf Long Green Pod Okra is a tender, heat loving annual. Heirloom Okra seed can be direct sown in hot climates, or started indoors 3-4 weeks before the last frost for an early crop or in cooler climates. Soaking Okra seeds for 2 hours before planting will speed germination.