Today, we would love introduce to you a method relates to matcha named Matcha Summer Fruit Muffins. In this method, it's included oats, matcha, yogurt, coconut oil, berries. So, FIRST, we should mention sometime about health benefits of several it's ingredients and then will show its method at the end of this article.
9 HEALTH BENEFITS OF EATING OATS AND OATMEAL
What is oat?
Oats are a whole grain that is commonly eaten for breakfast known scientifically as Avena sativa which is made by boiling in water or milk and often referred to as porridge.
Oats are rich in carbs and fiber, but also higher in protein and fat than most other grains. They are also contained high in many vitamins and minerals.
Oats are high in antioxidants, including avenanthramides which may help reduce blood pressure and provide other benefits.
Oats contain large amounts of beta-glucan, which has numerous benefits. It helps reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels, promotes healthy gut bacteria and increases feelings of fullness.
Oats may lower the risk of heart disease by reducing both total and LDL cholesterol and protecting LDL cholesterol from oxidation.
Due to the soluble fiber beta-glucan, oats may improve insulin sensitivity and help lower blood sugar levels.
Oatmeal may help you lose weight by making you feel fuller. It does this by slowing down the emptying of the stomach and increasing production of the satiety hormone PYY.
Colloidal oatmeal (finely ground oats) has long been used to help treat dry and itchy skin. It may help relieve symptoms of various skin conditions, including eczema.
Some research suggests that oats may help prevent asthma in children when fed to young infants.
Studies indicate that oat bran can help reduce constipation in elderly individuals, significantly reducing the need to use laxatives.
SECOND, let's look into below method for making "Matcha Summer Fruit Muffins" at home easily.
• 1 cup oats
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2/3 cups sugar
• 1 tbsp baking powder
• 2 tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder, sifted
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 ¼ cup almond milk
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 170gm of non-fat Greek yogurt
• 1/3 cup coconut oil, in liquid state
• 450gm summer berries, diced into 0.5cm pieces
• non-stick spray
• sanding sugar, to finish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Place 8 cupcake liners in two baking tins, then lightly spray a coating of non-stick spray on them.
3. In one mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients and all the wet ingredients in another.
4. Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry until just mixed through.
5. Gently mix in the diced berries.
6. Fill each of the cake liners with the batter until they are just under the edge (almost to the top). Sprinkle the tops with sanding sugar for a crunchy muffin crust (optional).
7. Bake the muffins for 10 minutes, and then lower the heat to 175C for approximately 15 minutes until the tops are very lightly golden. Test the cake with a toothpick in the center. It should come out clean.
8. Transfer them to a cooling rack and wait until completely cool. If you serve the muffins too soon, they may stick to the cake liners.
Hope you enjoy it at home! Follow us with hashtag #therikeinc