Besides matcha green tea's health benefits, Cacao is also included much benefits for your health as well. Cacao powder is packed with flavonoids. These nutrients that have been shown to help lower blood pressure, improve blood flow to the brain and heart, and aid in preventing blood clots. The flavonoids in cacao powder may help increase insulin sensitivity, reducing your risk of diabetes.
That's the reason why cacao combine with matcha that will bring much benefits to your health. Let's take a short look into below recipe on how to make a Matcha Chocolate Shake.
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 big frozen bananas
- 2 tsp. matcha green tea powder
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla paste
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
1. Mix everything except the raw cacao powder in your blender until smooth. Pour out half and set aside.
2. Mix the remaining half with the raw cacao powder.
3. In a jar, layer your shake, switching between both of the Matcha flavors.
4. Top with nibs, shredded coconut, and dark chocolate or try chia seeds and your favorite granola.